The New Retirement Reality
In an excellent article in InvestmentNews, 5 Ways To Start The Purpose Conversation, author Dan Sharishevsky shared these insights on finding purpose in retirement.
- Retirement is undoubtedly one of life’s biggest transitions.
- Today, 75 is the new 60 and 65 is the new 50.
- Retirement is no longer the finish line. It’s the starting gate!
- Retirement is a time to redefine yourself… A chance to pursue new passions and live with renewed purpose.
- While working, you devoted two-thirds of your day to sleeping and work. In retirement, every day is Saturday.
- Once you retire, your free time more than doubles with 16 hours to fill every day for what could be 20 to 30 years.
- Without purpose driven plans in retirement, you could experience feelings of boredom, anxiety, depression and loss
- Studies have shown that discovering our purpose in retirement is the key to health, healing, happiness and longevity.
- Even with an adequate next egg, retirement is about much more than just money.
- Having A Life Plan For Retirement may be even more important than your Financial Plan to finance your retirement.
Maybe it’s time you had the “Purpose Conversation”.
This Complimentary eBook will help facilitate that conversation by helping you to think deeply about your life well beyond your portfolio.